Colonial UCC in Prairie Village, KS announces a position opening of worship leader. Colonial has one clergy leader whose primary responsibility centers around preaching and teaching in our Sunday morning worship services. The addition of a part-time worship minister will add a diversity to our Sunday morning worship experience with new ideas and perspectives and allow the Senior Minister to devote a working day each week to developing relationships with people to engage in Colonial Church’s outreaching mission to the world.
Ideal Worship Minister*
A creative person who is moved by the experience of God in worship services and seeks to share that with others. This minister would need to be aware of the developing trends in worship and work with the Senior Minister’s preaching and teaching themes. (Aaron’s note: I think that Michael Piazza’s chapters in Vintage Church are very relevant to Colonial Church’s worship ethos.) This minister would also need the communication and organizational discipline for working with staff and lay leaders involved in our weekly worship services – music coordination, liturgy development, multimedia/multi-sensory details, worship leader coordination.
*The position is not limited to authorized ministers.
JOB SPECIFIC STANDARDS:
1. Build/recruit and lead teams to produce worship that brings people into the presence of God in coordination with the themes Senior Minister and . (1-4 hours/week)
2. Oversee song and music coordination with the Music Director, sound and screens, coordination and facilitation of all worship activities. (5-10 hours/week)
3. Oversee online presentation of worship. (1 hour/week)
4. Design and Lead Worship when Senior Minister is on Vacation.
5. Serves as ex officio member of the Board of Worship, Church Council, and Administrative Board.
6. Expectation of 15 hours/week, present on Sunday and one half day a week in the church office, the remainder at home, office, or other.
7. Assist Senior Minister with other duties, as assigned.