The primary goal and role of this position is to raise funds for the upcoming General Synod from congregations and individuals. The protocols, processes, and donors cultivated for fundraising for the General Synod will be the foundation for a comprehensive fund development for the Conference into the future. While the initial emphasis will be income for the support of the 2021 General Synod, initial strategies will also include support and resourcing the interpretation of OCWM, increasing participation and growth of Friends of the Conference and evaluating an Annual Appeal for the KO Conference.
- Develop an overall strategy to raise approximately $35,000 to support the expenses of the 2021 General Synod
- Work closely with the Conference Minister to develop a moves management plan (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) of conference donors, congregations, and prospects.
- Research data bases to determine what system is appropriate for KO in tracking, and responding to gifts.
- Develop and implement a more effective and responsive Friends of the Conference Program; that includes evaluation of the current process and offering suggestions and establishing protocols for future growth of the program.
- Work closely with the Finance and Stewardship Committee; participate in all meetings of the Finance and Stewardship Committee and planning meetings for General Synod or Conference Council as requested.
- Cultivate and participate in relationships with regional and national support for Conference staff/consultants engaged in fundraising
- Comfort and expertise in research; data base development and use
- Comfort and ability in using social media and technology
- Experience and comfort in fund raising and theology of generosity
- An understanding of church; and the UCC in particular preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel
This position is a contracted position for a period of 12- months and may be extended. The position is responsible to the Conference Minister. Should the Conference decide to make the position more permanent; the person serving in the contracted role may apply for the more permanent role.
Salary Range: Hourly Industry Standard; $75-90 based on experience; please submit letter of application and resumes to email@example.com