Written by Conference President Bobbie Henderson
In anticipation of the retirement of Edith Guffey as our Kansas-Oklahoma Conference Minister effective December 31, 2021, the Conference Council is pleased to introduce the members of the Search Committee that will be overseeing the selection of our next Conference Minister. Following a months-long process of receiving nominations and reaching out to prospective members, the individuals below accepted the invitation and were elected to serve in this critical capacity.
The Committee will be chaired by Rev. Rachael Pryor, and includes the following:
- Susan Baker Anderson, Plymouth Congregational UCC, Lawrence, KS
- Rev. Gage Church, Central Congregational, Topeka, KS
- Mandy Cook, Evangelical UCC, Marysville, KS
- Jim French, Community UCC. Partridge, KS
- Meaghan Hunt, Mayflower Congregational Church, Oklahoma City, OK
- Dewan Keesee, Fellowship Congregational UCC, Tulsa, OK
- Rev. Rachael Pryor, Rolling Hills UCC, Salina, KS
- Rev. Caela Simmons Wood, First Congregational UCC, Manhattan, KS
While the Committee has been formed in order to introduce the members to the Conference during Annual Meeting, their work will not begin in earnest until early next year. Over the course of the fall, members will participate in an orientation with Lee Albertson, UCC Conference Minister Search Coordinator, followed by a formal position announcement in early 2021. At that time, the Committee will begin receiving candidate profiles and conducting interviews, prior to making a final recommendation to the Conference Council later in the summer or early fall. The election and call will take place at the Annual Meeting in October 2021, with an anticipated start date of January 1, 2022.
Once the search process formally launches early next year, formal announcements will be posted in eNews.
Please join the Conference Council in keeping the Search Committee in your prayers over the next 12 months. A concerted effort was made to ensure a diversity of perspectives, skills, and experience in the selection of the members. The gift of their time and energy represents a sacred trust and we are grateful to each one for their willingness to serve in this capacity.